HAVE YOUR HOUSE SMELLING LIKE A CANDY CANE THIS FESTIVE SEASON!
- 1 x ‘Bathtub’ Mould
- 15g Beeswax
- 15g Coconut Oil (or Sustainable Palm Oil)
- 20 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
(This mixture makes 1 so simply multiply by the number of moulds you have. Remember you can change the essential oil to your preference, just make sure that you add enough to make the room aromatic.)
- Using the double boiler method, bring water to the boil in a large pot.
- Place the smaller pot with the beeswax and coconut oil inside the bigger pot and melt, stirring all the time. I use a bamboo skewer to mix which helps with the clean up afterwards.
- Working quickly, add in the essential oils and stir in.
- Pour into your moulds leaving 1cm room at the top. Remember this is very hot so pour carefully!
- Leave to set for 24hrs.
- To use, place the pod in your oil burner and smell the intoxicating fumes of peppermint for hours on end.
Cleaning beeswax out of a container seems like an impossible task but I promise you it’s not! Once you have scraped out your mixture into your moulds, pour the leftover boiling water into your beeswax pot. Bring to the boil and tip the waxy water outside so as the wax doesn’t clog up your kitchen drain. Wipe the pot with a serviette or paper towel and finish by giving it an extra wash with soapy water. Tada!
We would love to see your creations so tag us in your photos on Instagram or up upload them in the comments section on our Facebook post. We can’t wait to see them all!
All equipment can be purchased from Green Living Australia www.greenlivingaustralia.com.au