NAUGHTY BUT NICE
This cheesecake will have absolutely everyone at the table begging for more. Created especially for Create-mas, this limited edition recipe will make this festive season that little bit sweeter without the sugar!
- 1 cup Sugar-Free Chocolate Chip Biscuits (you can find these at your local supermarket, they are truly delicious!)
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped and at room temperature
- 500g freshly make Ricotta (See recipe in Home Cheese Making In Australia By Valerie Pearson) *
- 250g cream cheese
- 1 1/3 Cups Xylitol
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Lemon Zest
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. Smooth Gel
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- 3 Eggs, lightly whisked
- Preheat oven to 150°C, fan-forced
- Use some butter to lightly grease cake tin. Make sure this is one with a removable base as this will make it easier to remove at the end.
- Crush up your biscuits using a pestle and mortar until a coarse crumb. Add the butter and mix until it slightly sticks together.
- Line the bottom of the tin, pushing down with your fingers, and cool in the fridge until the main mixture has been made.
- Whisk together ricotta, cream cheese, xylitol, lemon juice, lemon zest, smooth gel and water together until smooth.
- Add the eggs to the mixture until combined.
- Take the base out of the fridge and gently pour in the cheesecake batter.
- Cook for 50 minutes or until lightly golden and just set.
- Turn off the oven and allow the ricotta cheesecake to cool in the closed oven.
- Refrigerate for 1hr or until fully cooled. Carefully remove from the tin and finish it off with a dusting of icing sugar (optional if you want to keep it sugar-free) and fresh blueberries
*If you don’t like the taste of Vinegar substitute for lemon juice
Pair this with fresh probiotic coconut yoghurt and you have a healthy dessert ready to go!
We would love to see your cooking creations so tag us in your photos on Instagram or up upload them in the comments section on our Facebook post. We can’t wait to see them all!
Find some of our ingredients can be purchased from Green Living Australia www.greenlivingaustralia.com.au