NAUGHTY BUT NICE
This cheesecake will have absolutely everyone at the table begging for more.
- 1 cup Sugar-Free Chocolate Chip Biscuits (you can find these at your local supermarket, they are truly delicious!)
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped and at room temperature
- 500g freshly make Ricotta (See recipe in Home Cheese Making In Australia By Valerie Pearson) *
- 250g cream cheese
- 1 1/3 Cups Xylitol
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Lemon Zest
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. Smooth Gel
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- 3 Eggs, lightly whisked
- Preheat oven to 150°C, fan-forced
- Use some butter to lightly grease the cake tin. Make sure this is one with a removable base as this will make it easier to remove at the end.
- Crush up your biscuits using a pestle and mortar until a coarse crumb. Add the butter and mix until it slightly sticks together.
- Line the bottom of the tin, pushing down with your fingers, and cool in the fridge until the main mixture has been made.
- Whisk together ricotta, cream cheese, xylitol, lemon juice, lemon zest, smooth gel, and water together until smooth.
- Add the eggs to the mixture until combined.
- Take the base out of the fridge and gently pour in the cheesecake batter.
- Cook for 50 minutes or until lightly golden and just set.
- Turn off the oven and allow the ricotta cheesecake to cool in the closed oven.
- Refrigerate for 1hr or until fully cooled. Carefully remove it from the tin and finish it off with a dusting of icing sugar (optional if you want to keep it sugar-free) and fresh blueberries
*If you don’t like the taste of Vinegar substitute for lemon juice
Pair this with fresh probiotic coconut yoghurt and you have a healthy dessert ready to go!
As always, live well.