With these cooler mornings, a good breakfast can set you up for the day. Whether you eat and run out the door, or mosey on over to your home office, French Toast is an easy, quick breakfast that hits the spot every time. Team it with some homemade yoghurt and pear sautéed in butter and make it magical. Pears are at their best in Autumn and Winter and there are plenty available right now in the Stanthorpe area, fresh from local suppliers.
This recipe makes 4-5 slices.
- 4 to 5 slices of bread
- 2 small eggs (or one extra large egg)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Some butter for the pan
- 2 small pears, quartered and cores removed.
- Homemade Yoghurt and maple syrup to serve
- Whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Put your pan on the stove and melt a little butter to pan fry your egg dipped bread in.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture to coat the bread.
- Pan fry till golden brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan, melt a little more butter and then pan fry the pears.
- Serve with Homemade Yoghurt and maple syrup.
This is delicious, nutritious, and affordable. Use up stale bread, if you have any. But don’t wait for some stale bread to have this for breakfast. It’s just too good to miss.